Saturday, June 23, 2012

Family Vacation Portraits 2012

This year my husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. From the day we got married we promised ourselves that for our 10th anniversary we would take our honeymoon. Well, when last year rolled around and we began planning for our "big" trip we decided what we wanted to do the most is enjoy a nice vacation as a family with some great friends. We could not have made a better decision. We enjoyed every single minute of pure pampering and relaxation and feel so blessed to have friends that would allow us to take a trip with them.

Carrie and I watched the most amazing sunsets every night we were at our resort. They were this amazing gold, yellow, and purple colors that overtook the sky. We decided we had to take an opportunity to have this amazing backdrop in our photos. After much pleading with the men we finally talked them into a photo session the last night we were there. The men allowed us a whopping 15 minutes per family. Do they not realize how hard it will be to pull out some amazing shots in only that amount of time. We counted our blessings though, got ready, and figured we would do what we could with our 15 minutes. When we walked down on the beach we were so disappointed, after 6 nights of the most amazing sunsets ever, the one day we decided to take advantage of it, it looked nothing like what the previous nights had. We were so bummed, but it was still beautiful and we made the best of it.

I didn't have my work camera with me on this trip (eventhough it was so hard not to hide it in my suitcase) so I knew the quality wouldn't be there but I think my old rebel was able to handle it well enough. I wanted to share a few photos from our short mini sessions that were my favorite.

The kids were being total goofballs, but those capturing the moment pictures always seem to be my absolute favorites!

The wind was ridiculous that night because it was suppose to storm so I gave up on trying to keep my hair out of my face. Oh well!

My son finds it so funny to cross his eyes in pretty much every picture we take of him. Makes me crazy but I guess that's who he is...plus I will have some great blackmail for when he gets older and has girlfriends over!

No comments: