Friday, October 7, 2016

Jeff + Alisha: Private Estate Wedding

And we'll build this love from the ground up
Now 'til forever it's all of me, all of you
Just take my hand
And I'll be the man your dad hoped that I'd be

And we'll build this love from the ground up
For worse or for better
And I will be all you need
Beside you I'll stand through the good and the bad
We'll give all that we have
And we'll build this love from the ground up

This life will go by
In the blink of an eye
But I wouldn't wanna spend it without you by my side
The clouds are gonna roll
The earth's gonna shake
But I'll be your shelter through the wind and the rain
                             - Lyrics from Dan + Shay From The Ground Up

Love Conquers All.

Alisha and Jeff were introduced by her Uncle Ken 7 years ago. They fell in love and had their daughter Charlotte a few years later. They truly make each other a better person and love each other (and their daughter) unconditionally. One of the main feelings I had while participating in their special day was the love and care they shared for each other. I could look at Jeff and see that his love was so deep for his girls. They truly meant the world to him just like Alisha's family meant the world to her. I love weddings and sharing in the love and excitement each and every couple has for each other, but on rare occasions I can feel the love so strong and passionate that it completely warms my heart and moves me. Alisha and Jeff's love for each other did exactly this.

But the love between these two doesn't just stop with them.

The Erskine Fire, June 2016, was a devastating time for hundreds of families. It was the largest and most destructive wildfire of the 2016 California wildfire season, according to wikipedia. It brought on complete devastation to the small Kern Valley community and affected this beautiful couple enormously. As Alisha and Jeff were preparing for there wedding only months away; the Erskine fire broke out and burned down Alisha's parent's house. Everything their family owned was gone, including her wedding dress, her daughter's flower girl dress, and her mother's dress. Words can't even describe how absolutely devastating this event was. I checked in with Alisha shortly after it happened and she stayed positive the entire time we chatted. I had no clue how much it affected their wedding until just the other day when Alisha shared with me the most touching story. Apparently after losing all of her dresses for the wedding, her bridesmaids came together and put together what they like to call, Operation Wedding Dress. These wonderful girls came up with all but $500 of the entire cost for Alisha to replace their dresses. Talk about some amazing girls to call your friends. I was so touched not only by Alisha's strength during such a rough time, but hearing this story was utterly heartwarming. Not only does the love Jeff and Alisha share for each other, but the love their friends and family share for them truly does conquer all terrible circumstances that could ever be thrown their way.

A truly blessed life is one rich in friends and family and this is exactly the life Alisha and Jeff have built. Congratulations you two. It was so wonderful to meet you and share in such a special moment in your life. I wish you both an amazing life full of friends, family, happiness, and above all else love.


Special thanks to all the amazing vendors.

Venue: Ernst Private Estate
Wedding Planner: Pam Ernst/ Alisha Ernst
Rentals: Joronco Rentals
Decorative Accents: Pam Ernst/ Jamie Barrett
Flowers: Costco/ Alisha Ernst
Photography: Valerie Mitchell Photography (Me & my amazing assistant Andrea)
Dj: Dj Energy- Ely Corpus
Hair: Megan Klammer of Heretic Salon in Hollywood
Make-up: Alisha Ernst
Dress: Ladies and Gents Bridal
Officiant: Ken Stonebarger
Caterer: Candice Aguilar of The Red Rooster and El Portal
Cake: Rainbow Pastries
Cupcakes: Double Ds Bakery (Winner of Cupcake Wars on Food Network)
Candy Apples: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Mammoth Lakes
Donuts: Krispy Creme Donuts




No comments: