Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Preschool!

Where do I begin? My youngest, Evan, has finally started preschool. It's so amazing how fast time flies. I am so excited to have a short break 3 days a week from him, but really sad when I look at what this means; he will be starting kindergarten next year! What am I going to do with myself?
No, Im just kidding. I know exactly what I'm going to do with my freedom, HAVE ALONE TIME! Too bad one of the 3 days he's in school I work in my daughters classroom the entire time and oh ya I have a business to run, so the other two days will be spent working. Sounds like so much fun! I am hoping that while he is in school though, I will be able to get some extra work done to allow for more time to spend with my kids during the times they are home. I mean look at him, how can you resist this adorable face when begging to play super hereos with you?


He really is so much fun and has the biggest personality and imagination I have ever seen in a boy his age. I could be biased because he is my own, but if you don't know him and you someday meet him you will see that I'm not being biased, it is the truth!
I will have you know that in the next picture you may think that the big brown circular tube is just the center to a wrapping paper roll (that he probably unrolled the entire roll of wrapping paper from), well you are so WRONG! That is a super pirate sword that kills all the bad guys that try to come get us (and no wrapping paper was gone cause he left it all in the closet)!


So most the time you have to beg your boys to get them to take just one picture for you; well Evan, Mr. Personality himself, I have to beg to take just one normal picture for me because he is dying to take as many different silly pictures as he can. Did you check out the last blog entry with his best bud? You will see what I am talking about. Not a single normal cute smiling picture in the whole bunch! Oh wait I guess there was one at the very end out of like 20 pictures of the boys. So I was really excited that for his scrapbook of his first day of preschool I was able to capture him! Sweet, funny, adorable, sincere, happy, easy going, full of life Evan! My favorite boy in the whole world!




When we arrived at the school he was so excited he couldnt wait! He was so nervous as we walked up to the office to finish up his paper work. I told him to get next to the sign so he could always remember this preschool and when he did he got so excited he started giggling. It makes me laugh just thinking about this moment!


After signing the remainder of paper work and getting him signed into his class we took him outside to the play area. To our amazement he wanted to ride the red bikes. "Really, you want to ride the bike and not play on the jungle gym" we asked? The bike is like half the size of his own bike, but whatever makes him happy works for us!


In the last picture he's in the middle of saying, "Mom, why are you still taking pictures of me, I'm just riding a little bike?" After he asked this I decided it was probably time to stop humiliating him, put the camera up, and leave the school premises so he still could have some dignity in tact and a chance to make some friends.


I will have you know, when we picked him up today we asked him, "so did you miss us?"
"Sorry mom and dad but I forgot to miss you! Maybe the next day I will remember to!"

1 comment:

Amanda Turnbaugh said...

so yes technically he is only 6 months younger than Shane but there is no way he is getting this big!! Where are our little baby boys? But as much as I might miss the cuddly babies I have to remind myself that they keep themselves entertained and since they are such mommas boys they still love to cuddle ;)