Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"A Little Bit Of Heaven"

At the end of February I had the absolute pleasure of meeting one of the most amazing families ever! They were so amazing that I am really embarrassed that I didn't get around to doing a blogpost sooner. I feel awful, and this will be a huge lesson to me not to forget to have a release form signed EVERYTIME before the appointment from now on. Please forgive me you guys, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart.

With that being said...

I would like you to meet Heaven; a beautiful, energetic, very happy, warm, a little bit spunky seven year old that I fell in love with. She had this confidence about her that you find in kids who have been given a stable life, with amazing role models, that show unconditional love; and I seriously could not get enough of her. It only took her a few minutes to warm up to me and then I got to see some sassiness come out of her...exactly what I live for in kids. She was adorable and I would have loved to bring her home for my daughter to play with.

This session was extremely special to me. Prior to our time together Kelly gave me a brief run down of their family. Heaven lost her dad, Kelly's brother, a short time ago. Kelly and her family have done everything to be the ones raising Heaven. It must feel so good to be wanted so dearly by your family. Heaven is so brave and has handled what life has given her, better than I think I could even do at my age now. She showed me strength, while Kelly and her family showed me the powers of unconditional love. When I looked in Heaven's eyes I would expect to see complete sadness, but because of this family I was able to see the spirit of love and happiness you can only hope to see in every child's eyes.

I know she misses her dad deeply and will live with this void for the rest of her life, but she has been given an amazing beautiful second family both inside and out.

Every single family member has shown her acceptance and love. She is the center of their worlds...

To be able to show love like this, it has to first start with a strong foundation of love between a husband and wife; and Kelly and Kenny definitely have this.

Kayla and Kameron have a very close relationship with each other. I kept asking Kelly how she raised her kids to be so close and loving towards each other. I would love to know the gift of this because I can only hope my kids grow up with this sort of love for each other.

Their closeness has carried through into their relationship with Heaven. If I didn't know beforehand that Heaven wasn't born into this family I would never know that the 3 of them didn't share a close bond since birth.

This entire family is truly amazing, and I can only hope Heaven feels so fortunate to be blessed with these amazing people. I feel so wealthy with my choice of career that allows me to meet genuine people on a regular basis. It is families like this, that keep my passion for photography alive.


Kelly loves black and white photos, and before our appointment she told me this is what she was looking for so I decided to post her whole blog in black and white, but this last picture was too pretty not to share in color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU are amazing Valerie Mitchell !! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! This blog means more to me than you could EVER know!!! I'll cherish it and my pictures forever.