Friday, March 15, 2013

My Kiddos

I slack majorly when it comes to taking staged pictures of my kids. Fact of the matter is they hate it! I never can take them out and have them both be in the mood to take photos for me, and quite frankly with our busy schedules I never have the energy to fight them on it, so I slack off and say maybe the next location I love I will. You would think that because they are my inspiration in following my passion for photography that I would take them out all the time, but honestly my passion for photography is more created from wanting to capture every special moment and memory we have so we can look back and remember our life. So . . . staged pictures aren't always on the top of my list, eventhough I love when they are all dressed up and cute (my daughter is a total tomboy and wears her hair straight down and workout clothes to school, she assures me this is the style these days although some how I think she is lying to me).

Well, this year I made a point to change that. With the help of bribery from my husband we talked the kids into giving me 30 minutes in the orchards by our house. I even took a timer and set it for 30 minutes so they would know I meant business. It worked!!!!!! Thank goodness. I finally have updated pictures of them to hang on my wall and couldn't be happier with them.

Evan is definitely the child that takes after me. He is full of personality and almost frustrates me when I want to capture one good sweet non goofy photo of him. It makes for amazingly funny full of personality pictures, but geez I really have to work for those good smiles from him. Kate is getting to that preteen age where everything I do is retarded and lame to her. She is way more reserved like her dad, but she has such a sparkle about her that is so rare for me to capture in a photo. She is the super sweet shy one of the two. She loves to mother and take care of her little brother and I just love that about her, but she is definitely getting the wonderful teenager attitude. We had fun though and they did well. Actually made me want to take them out again soon for some wild flower pictures, but who knows I might be getting way ahead of myself on that one. So here is just a couple of my favorites from our session! Enjoy!







They weren't fond of me asking them to kiss each other on the cheek, but I got the exact pictures from it that i was looking for so it worked out perfectly!




I have always loved Evan's single dimple, it makes his smile unique!






He is always goofing off. I think Kate was thinking would you knock that off I just want to get done with this and go home.


My little beauty!


So my kids always say they won't take pictures for me because I make it fun with balloons and bubbles for other kids and don't do that for them. Evan said I promised him the next time we took pictures he could have balloons so he sold me and honestly I love this picture and was happy with his suggestion.


He's a total goof and wanted to pretend to be the Statue of Liberty. Who knows where he gets these ideas from.


 . . . And of course he remembered that I let kids jump so here's their jumping pictures!


After a few photos I told them we were done with the balloons. Evan has a very tender heart like me and he asked if we could write a message on the balloons so he could send one to Heaven to his Opa. I didn't have a pen so I told him to kiss it and Opa would know he was thinking of him, we had just got back from his Opa's memorial two days before I took these pictures. It really touched my heart he was still thinking about him!


Our session was a success!

No comments: