Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Soon to be an empty nest, but there will always be an open door"

After 25 years of marriage and 3 grown kids, Ted and Lisa are finally getting ready to see off their youngest son, Jay, who is getting ready to leave for the air force. Their two older kids have already left home so when Jay leaves their nest will finally be empty.

Lisa contacted me a few months ago after coming across some of my work. You know how there are just certain people in this world that have such a warmness about them that you feel like you have known them your entire life. This is Lisa! I went to the appointment so at ease and excited because I felt like I was going to see my longtime friend. This entire family was amazing! They had a very strong family dynamic, and most importantly they knew how to have a good time together; laughing, playing, just being friends!

At the beginning of the appointment while I was setting up a place for the kids (I feel really funny calling them kids, considering I am only a couple years older) to play cards, I couldn't help but wonder what it was like growing up in their house. Devan, Teddie, and Jay all seem to have a respect for their parents that is hard to still see this day in age, and a lighthearted relationship amongst themselves. Just watching them interact and tease with each other was a blast. I can only imagine all the mischief the three of them got into with each other!

The strength in Ted and Lisa's marriage and love for each, definitely held this family together throughout the years. Lisa talks about Ted like a newlywed would, but the one thing that stood out to me most, Ted is her best friend! They make time to get away every weekend and enjoy the bond they have between themselves! They are doing something right, something I hope my husband and I will be able to hold onto for our entire life!




Doesn't Ted and Lisa just look like a blast to be around? They were all very full of life!

So it has been rare for me to have people like Lisa come to me with a bunch of ideas and props, she was a dream come true! They brought their bikes along and we had a blast incorporating them into their pictures! The reflection picture I absolutely love!!!!!!!


"LOCA RYD" Awesome! I caught Lisa and Ted in the tail light admiring their Harleys!



The kids had some down time to play cards, and what's a game of poker without the Patron! Cheers to you guys, good luck with those shots!

Lisa brought this idea to me of her and Ted watching their kids reflection walk away. It really was a cool idea and very sentimental to them, the perfect way to end their preview!

2 comments:

Kristine Rolin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE as always!! :-)

Amanda Turnbaugh said...

absolutely amazing! I can't wait for my shoot in a few weeks!!