Saturday, October 23, 2010

Family: A Day In The Park!

During this time of year family portrait sessions can become a little monotonous. A key importance to me is originality, but when I am doing a few sessions a week it can be a challenge to bring originality to the table. I love meeting all the different families that come to me and briefly getting a look into their world, but at times I find it so hard not to conform to the same ideas for each portrait session. So when I am greeted by a warm family, that instantly feel like I have known for more than the five minutes I actually have, I get so excited. Michelle's family is definitely a prime example of a warm friendly family.

We arrived to the park simultaneously, and while I was still exiting my car the entire family made their way over to me and greeted me with the warmest smiles. It was like I had known them for years. We chatted for a bit before starting pictures to allow the kids some time to warm up to me. I was so entertained the entire session. The kids were a blast and so cute. Michelle and Michael have done an amazing job with their kids and you can see that they have a blast spending time with their kids, and show them love every single day!



Jadon was the absolute cutest! He was so eager to play and can go a mile a minute. I don't know how they keep up with him on a regular basis. I enjoyed playing "I'm gonna get you" with him. It was so rewarding acting ridiculous because every time I received the most adorable smile ever!



Elle was so sweet. As soon as she got out of the car she came and said hi to me. When I asked her name, she gave me her full name. It was adorable! She was so excited to be able to run around and play for an hour. I just love that I caught this in between the moment shot when she decided to take a break.












The kids had a blast taking a break on the playground. It allowed for some great natural pictures. To me, those are the pictures that last a lifetime!





After taking a little break, we decided to try for a few more portraits before calling it a day. I think the brick was a great addition to their session.





Our day was full of smiles, fun, and active kids. This last picture is one of my favorites. I love that its a moment frozen in time!