Monday, October 4, 2010

Pismo Wedding: Tana & Josh

As we walked into the Best Western Shore Cliff we were greeted with the biggest smiles. Tana turns to me and says, "Isn't it beautiful out? I prayed so hard last night that the weather would be different than when we arrived here, and it happened." It indeed was a beautiful day, perfect for these special people. What more could you ask for coming from Bakersfield heat to this cool 70 degree weather with patchy blue skies and a light breeze.

I was so happy to see Tana in such an excited mood. She has dreamt of this day for so long and everything was turning out so perfectly. As the day unfolded, I began to learn that this couple, along with all their friends and family, had something so special about them. I have never seen this sort of love and compassion along side such peace and serenity at a wedding before. I was so thankful to get to not only document their special day, but also meet and learn about such amazing people. It is weddings like this one that make me love my job more than I could ever imagine!

Tana and Josh opted for a first look, which they couldn't have been more happy with. It is the perfect way to start out the day. It was such an intimate moment shared between the two of them. The first look allowed for more than enough time for photo opportunities while keeping a very relaxed enjoyable environment.

Here is Tana walking up to greet Josh...





While I was capturing their faces...



...Andrea captured this gorgeous detail photo.



After the first look we headed to the beach for a few pictures. Of course the lighting changed drastically while we were down there but they still rocked out some amazing photos.













Hand in hand with the her dad walking up the aisle...



...walking down the aisle with the man she has always dreamt of.



After the ceremony we had more time for photo opportunities.





Tana isn't particularly fond of detail shots so here was our way we showcased their beautiful wedding rings.



Of course we couldn't let the sun pass without a beautiful silhouette.





The first dance.





Father/Daughter & Mother/Son dances. Andrea captured the amazing mother/son picture.



The speeches.



What better way to end, than with a cheers!

2 comments:

Jocelyn Lykins said...

Very nice Val! I love that ring shot, I've never seen one like it.

Amanda Turnbaugh said...

You are so amazing! BUT. . . I really need to stop looking at your pics because you make me want to get married again. You capture more than just a picture, I can FEEL the emotions, GREAT JOB!!!!