Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wedding: Elm Street Affair!

It takes months of planning to create that perfect day a little girl spends their entire life dreaming about...their wedding day! You carefully think through every decision you have to make so that the wedding is fit to what is perfect in your eyes.

It never fails though, when you put that much time into making sure every detail is planned out perfectly, something is always bound to go wrong. For Shana and Mason it wasn't just one thing, it was a series of obstacles they had to climb over to create this absolutely gorgeous day! I met with them about two weeks before their wedding to fill in for the original photographer they had chosen. I felt so bad for them! I know that people spend a long time looking for a photographer that they connect with and it's such an accomplishment when you finally find them. Now imagine two weeks from your wedding day having to find a second one. I can't even begin to feel the stress that would bestow on someone. Surprisingly, they came to me totally calm (I would have been a mess) booked and left my house thinking smooth sailing from here. The week of the wedding when I went to meet with them one last time, I was shocked to hear Shana say she just heard from her flower company that their flowers weren't going to be delivered until the Monday after the wedding! What do you mean they aren't going to be delivered this week? Wow, can you only imagine having to deal with this...

The big day finally arrived and you would have never known what all they jumped through to create this amazing celebration. It was so detail oriented and everything looked perfect! I spent the entire day getting to know Shana and Mason and I could have spent a week photographing them. They are amazing people and there is something so beautiful and pure about their love for each other. They both were so relaxed in front of the camera which could not have made my job any easier. Oh and don't let me forget to mention how absolutely amazing this house was! It was my dream home!

So what makes for a perfect wedding? Shana and Mason's pictures sum it up for me...it starts with an amazing bride and her ravishing dress in a top scale home!




While upstairs getting ready, the boys showed up. Shana immediately spotted Mason and was so excited she couldn't take her eyes off of him!









The boys were relaxing before it all began!





Shana heading down to the ceremony...



...but of course I had to stop her for 1 more photo opp as a single woman!







I now pronounce you, Mr. & Mrs. Wagner!





















That's a wrap off to the reception we go!







Here's a SHOT you can't miss, :-) Cheers!



Most important thing on your wedding day...Wear your dancing shoes!



Congratulations you guys! I feel so fortunate documenting your special day and getting to know you! I wish you guys years of happiness (although I know you won't need my wishes!)

1 comment:

Amanda Turnbaugh said...

WOW!!!! Absolutely amazing