Sunday, November 28, 2010

Family: The sunshine to a stormy fall day!

Growing up I remember fall days perfectly. There was nothing like going out to help my dad rake all the leaves up, only for when he turned his back, a sweet moment of complete bliss. Leaves raining from above, a soft cushion beneath, as I dove into the hours worth of work we had just completed. What kid could resist such a temptation as a pile of vibrant reds, oranges, yellows, and browns that paint the most beautiful picture?

Delainie absolutely could not resist! From the moment we arrived at the park she couldn't wait to get her hands on those leaves. To my amazement it became the perfect bribe for the sweetest little girl ever. She looks like a doll from the American Girl collection. My kids and I wanted to package her up and take her home with us. Her smile could make any bad day, amazing!

Mr. Serious today, goes to David Jr. He was not about to crack a smile for me unless I worked extra hard. It was so rewarding when I finally saw his eyes brighten and a smile crack that could sweep in all the ladies. Watch out mom and dad. I was blown away at how good he was! Not one cry, fuss, or complaint came out of his mouth the entire time at the park. He was a perfect angel! Very calm, relaxed, and genuinely happy. It was so exciting to see how much he grew and changed in the six months that have passed since I saw him last.

I know how stressful family pictures can be, and on this day, it was nothing short of a disaster waiting to happen. We showed up to the rain beginning to trickle down, families everywhere, and icy cold weather. You would think...miserable, forget it! Not Valerie and David. They showed up with their adorable kids in stow, warm glowing smiles that instantly made me forget how painful this might turn out to be. They were eager to make our time together memorable and full of life. I think their kids alone were able to nail this. Someone knew how amazing this family is because the rain waited to pour down until the very last picture was captured. Needless to say what I arrived thinking would turn out in total disaster was quickly altered the second this amazing family arrived. They brought the sun to a stormy day!

























No comments: