Thursday, November 29, 2012

"AH-MAZINGGG!"

I'm a firm believer in pictures being about the subjects I am photographing. I mean people come to me for their family pictures, and the picture should be about telling the story of the family, not too mention I don't have the best eye for landscape pictures. I would love to be able to photograph scenery, but I just don't have that eye. So I typically could careless what is in the background of my pictures as long as I captured the subject truest to themself.

I learned from this session that the above statement holds true for me only 90% of the time.

I had this amazing family book a session with me last minute, and all I can say is I feel like the lucky one! Typically during this season I use the same places over and over again and get bored with them, so I suggested to them we take a short trip out of the area for pictures. Never in a million years did I think the day would turn out so well. The scenery was amazing and the family definitely stood their own against the beautiful backgrounds we had that day. I finished the day feeling very jealous that I haven't bothered to take my family to these sites for pictures. Even with these amazing backgrounds I still made sure my focus was on bringing out their family dynamic. I am pretty positive I accomplished this! Their kids have larger than life personalities, and because of it I will have to dedicate a whole seperate post to their silly fun side.

Josh and Janae, thank you so much for trusting me with your family portraits this year. I had such a wonderful time with you guys!





























No comments: