Friday, November 23, 2012

"Rockin Around The Christmas Tree . . . "

I have a pure love for caught in the moment pictures. I know I state this all the time, but I can't express it enough. I rarely take my kids out to do portraits of them because my favorite pictures are in the moment pictures, and I capture those in every day life so I rarely find a desire to take them out in their best clothes and fight them on taking those exact caught in the moment pictures I want of them.

With that being said, this family is probably one of my favorite families to work with. Every year Valerie and I brainstorm on what we want to do for their family pictures. They fit my style probably more perfectly than I could get my own family to fit it.  Last year I mentioned to Valerie I would love to do a session of my family sitting around reading the book "A Night Before Christmas". I knew it would be years if ever before I would ever pull this off with my own family and thought this would be the most perfect session for them. I was so happy when they agreed to a session full of Christmas fun; capturing the moments of Christmas decorating, candy canes, and reading the best story ever.

It was a hit! We had so much fun, and on top of it I was allowed to express my creativity to the fullest because both David and Valerie went into the session with no expectations.  The barn was a last minute location change and I am so glad we went here. It matched them so perfectly. Delanie and David seemed like they had so much fun, which blesses me to no end because my whole goal is to make sessions fun and memorable. I better start thinking about next year Val because I don't know how we are going to be able to top this.



























No comments: