Saturday, December 11, 2010

Family: Through the years!

I love when I get to watch a bride and groom grow into a family. Nick and Rochelle 1st started coming to me when they got engaged. Since then I have had the pleasure of seeing them through their marriage, their pregnancy of their 1st born, their adorable newborn daughter Teagan, and now their first family photos. As they have grown I have grown. Each session I love more and more that they bring to me. Their wedding is still one of my absolute favorites.

It is so fun to watch Nick with his daughter. I remember back when they got married, him saying he didn't want kids and 3 years later he has the most precious daughter. You can see the daddy sparkle in his eyes. Rochelle has wanted kids from the second she got married. She has been a labor and delivery nurse for quite a few years so she was ready to take on the challenge of motherhood. She seems like an amazing mom for Teagan too. Oh and little Teagan, I could go on for days about this little cutie. I have spent the last 2 days trying to think of the perfect word to sum her personality up. Inquisitive is the best word I came up with. She was so into all of her surroundings it was almost impossible for me to get her to notice the camera. She was so serious only because she was so interested in everything else that nature could bring to her table and she most definitely wants to be completely independent. I remember even at her newborn pictures she was not like the other newborns I had taken pictures of. She was so curious about everything. I told Nick and Rochelle that they are going to have their hands full as she gets older because you can definitely tell that she is the princess of all in their family and wants to grow up way too fast. She was such a doll. I haven't seen her since her newborn pictures and could not get over how adorable she is. She has the most beautiful eyes and a ton of hair.

We attempted to get a good posed family picture during our shoot with everyone looking and smiling, but Teagan is my sort of girl; she loves making amazing candid shots more. This turned out to be one of my favorite family sessions this season so far. The 3 of them were so involved with each other and you could just see the happiness and joy that little Teagan has brought to this amazing couple.



I had to throw the 2nd picture in just because it makes me laugh so hard. Teagan absolutely did not want to touch the ground when she fell down and was so mad that no one would help her, while Rochelle is cracking up in the background at her. Priceless!



























1 comment:

Amanda Turnbaugh said...

I absolutely LOVE these!! Awesome job Val :)